Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby, I'm scared.

Baby, I'm scared.
Did I make a mistake in coming here?
I walked through the wrong door, took the wrong drink.
The hallway is spinning liquid color and the acrid smell of pot clings to everything.
It settles in the fabric, mettles with the material.

All the laughing, laughing, laughing
Billows out from nearby rooms.
To tell me, "Hey,
"You're not supposed to be here."
"What are you doing here?"
"What are you wearing!?"

I think I walked through the wrong door.
There you are, like a prize.
Gold and blind.
She has you, dangles you, teases me with you.
With her laughing, laughing, laughing
and tossing her head back, shaking her hair
Wearing a mask and staring at me

With those glittery, malicious eyes.
Blue and mean and full of things that aren't true.
She has you; there you are
Gold and blind, like a prize.
In her ivory hands, with those awful fingers
That look like powdery spiders' legs.

I think I took the wrong drink,
And everything is spinning, spinning, spinning.
Blue and black and red and orange
I want you here; I want you back.
I want to give you back what she took away.
I want what I never had, what I always wanted.

To feel a heartbeat on my cheek.
To feel your breath on my hair.
To feel arms pull me closer to someone.
To feel time slow and gravity fail and for us

to go spinning, spinning, spinning, and laughing, laughing, laughing
Into our own way
But baby, I'm scared.
I'm scared of her.
I'm scared you still love her.
And I'm scared you both will ruin me.

No comments:

Post a Comment